Pages

Tuesday 24 May 2016

My Reading "2 Diary Entries"


These are my two diary entries that I had to write for my reading as part of my ANZAC reading tasks. I also found out what a diary entry was because I wasn't really sure what it was at first. I have also explained what a diary entry is down below.

A diary entry is a record with different entries arranged by date reporting on what has happened over the course of a day.
Hope you enjoy!



Day 1


Dear Diary, Today I felt horrified and sad for all of the soldiers because of all of the gunshot wounds and broken bones. It was tough looking after them as well because every time I would look at their wounds I felt like I was going to cry.


Day 2


Dear Diary, Today
Allied forces landed on Gallipoli the 25th of April. British forces made the main landing at Cape Helles on the southern tip of Gallipoli, while the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps landed midway up the peninsula. We were sent 2 km north of our intended landing place, we came upon really determined Ottoman forces in the rugged country above the beach (soon named Anzac Cove). Unable to make any convincing advance, we ANZACS spent the next few days desperately holding onto our small beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.