Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Wonder Point Of View/ Writing

Our writing last week was to write a short essay explaining what point of view R.J Palacio used when writing  ‘Wonder’. We also found examples from the story and added quotes to back up our statements. We had to write  an introduction, 3 paragraphs and a conclusion. I hope you like my essay and please comment.

‘Wonder’ is a story about a boy who feels ordinary on the inside, but he is always reminded of how different he is by how people respond when they see him. This is R.J Palacio’s first novel and it is written in the first person.
August is speaking in first person, because at the beginning he says,

Firstly August says,
I know i’m no ordinary ten-year-old, I mean sure I do ordinary things like eat ice-cream, I ride my bike, I play ball and I have an XBox, stuff like that makes me ordinary.

Likewise August said something on the first page saying,
“ If I had a magic lamp I would wish that I had a normal face.” Which means he doesn’t have an normal face.

August saw something in the playground and said to himself,  “But I know that other ordinary kids don’t make other ordinary kids run away screaming in the playground.”

Therefore I think that “Wonder’ is a great book and R.J Palacio is a fantastic author. And I can’t wait to listen to more of it.

6 comments:

  1. This is an excellent short essay Laura. You have succeeded at engaging this reader and you have used examples from the text very well to support your assertions. I am heartened to read that you are enjoying the novel Wonder. I would love to know more about why you think it is a great novel. Keep up the high quality work Laura. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura!
    Your short essay is great the spelling and punctuation is well done too.
    Do you enjoy reading and/or listening to the book? Also
    Did you like writiing the short essay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura!
    Your essay is AMAZING! Your short essay is very clear and it explains easily how the story 'WONDER' is written in first person. Last thing do you have a image in your mind if what Auggie looks like?

    Sincerely,
    Bella N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura,
    Your short essay is fantastic, The spelling and punctuation is well done too. What is your favorite part from the book at the moment?
    Also who is your favorite character from the book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day, Laura.
    Your essay is great and all, but you have some spelling mistakes, but still is great progress that you have made, also it does explain it is in first person in the book "wonder". P.S, make a drawing of August's face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment Jacob, I'm glad you have pointed out some mistakes I will fix them as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.