Pages

Thursday 1 September 2016

The HARDEST challenge of my Life!

The HARDEST
challenge of my Life!


Wednesday, 24th August 2016.


Today was the day of the competition; we had practice at break times, made exhibition art, and had a lot of fun.


A week before Cantamath, our classes had a task of making exhibitions for the competition. My group; Bella P, Bella N, Prudence and I decided to make a banner. It took about a week and a half to complete it (and got paint everywhere in the process!).

The banner is for supporting your school at the teams’ competition. It must be no larger than 5m x 2m. The banner can be hung from the top section of the stands at the East end of the arena - but must not interfere with the running of the team competition below.
There are two prizes in this section:
  • Best Visual Appeal - as judged by the Cantamath committee
  • Best Supporting Crowd - judged on the amount of noise on the night!


(We’re still waiting for an answer; whether we got a prize or not.)


We got to the Arena at 3:40 pm. We were nervous and excited.
Your team gets 5 points each time you get a question right. Our team got 20 points= 4 questions correct.


Although the Year 8 team got a higher score than us we still had fun!
I enjoyed practicing for Cantamath because it helped me have strategies for the competition.


My next steps are to communicate more so we have a better chance at getting more correct answers.


Here is the finished product!
This is where we hung it in the Horncastle Arena!


3. Sign.jpg


We still have a lot of extra cleaning up to do because of the paint all over the wooden seats, concrete and paintbrushes.

Hope you enjoyed my post.
Feel free to comment.

2 comments:

  1. Love your banner - I'm glad one of our exhibits made it home! Also I'm glad you learnt some good strategies for Maths; will be always useful to have. I'm looking forward to our class porch being free of paint, and other paint related paraphernalia soon. If you could change anything about the evening, what would it be? Love your work.

    Miss Blair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have hit the nail right on the head when you state that it is all about communication. Working in a team always presents fun and challenges. Do you think that you communicated as well as I know you can? Your poster is superb and now features on the slide show on our TV in the office foyer.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.