Pages

Monday 31 October 2016

The Fear Streaming Tears

Today we had a task of writing a new 100WC. 
This weeks prompt was: '…as the smoke cleared…'
Hope you enjoy my 100WC and feel free to leave a positive comment.



It was a warm summer's evening, I was slowly falling asleep on the couch. I was home alone. I woke up with a sudden fear. I could smell some sort of smoke coming through the kitchen window.

THE NEIGHBORS APARTMENT WAS ON FIRE!🔥

My brain was going crazy… What should I do?
It then came to me that I needed to get down low and get out of my apartment.
I grabbed some appliances and got out.
I called the fire department, and they got to the apartment buildings in about 5 minutes.

By then it was about 11:45 P.M.
As the smoke cleared I saw the firefighters bring out a 6 year old boy. I could see tears of fear streaming down his cheeks.




5 comments:

  1. laura your story is sad at the end. it almost made me cry.

    sincerily Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - suspense! Love how you started it - very descriptive. I am wondering what appliances you grabbed? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of 100 words. You combine fear, tension, suspense and a happy ending. I like happy endings. I would be interested to know what 'appliances' you imagined grabbing before you evacuated from the building.

    I look forward to your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a good story, just try to think about magnifying the moment and not making the story abrupt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Rebecca. I really enjoyed reading your work.
    I liked your quick thinking of going down low and getting out of the apartment.
    I'm not sure about getting some appliances!
    I'm glad the young child was saved. Hopefully there were no others in that apartment.
    Keep up the good work.
    Mrs Boyce
    Ireland.
    https://mrsboycesclass.100wc.net

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.